This refunds policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions (Terms) and is to be interpreted and read consistently with them unless the contrary intention appears in this policy.
Under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), consumers may, depending on the circumstances, receive either a refund, replacement or repair for a good or service that they have purchased depending on the circumstances.
Refunds are generally not available for a simple change of mind but CA are willing to deal with requests for refunds, in any circumstances (including for donations), on a case by case basis.
All refund requests must be made in writing and include the following details:
- Full name of member/affiliate
- Amount paid
- Date of transaction
- Nature of error/reason for refund
- Account details for the refund (if approved)
Goods or services purchased
Examples of goods that may have major failures depending on the circumstances are goods:
- which are, or become, faulty through no fault of the customer’s own conduct or use of the good;
- that are not fit for a stated purpose,
- that don’t match the description or sample,
- that are defective, which defects were not obvious or that CA did not bring to their attention.
Examples of services which may exhibit major failures depending on the circumstances include services:
- not performed with due care and skill;
- where the product resulting from the service is not reasonably fit for its stated purpose; and
- services not supplied within a reasonable time.
You must provide proof of your purchase of the relevant good or service when making any claim for a refund.
Any unreasonable postage costs in providing a refund will be borne by you.
a) If CA fails to provide the member/affiliate with the “Services”, as applicable to that member/affiliate and as described in the Terms; or
b) where a membership/affiliation application is made in error.
Other refund requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis once a request has been notified in writing.
If the same account is not available, CA will need up to 30 days to process the refund.